Take a package of any anti-wrinkle cream. Surely you will find vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids in the composition, and with a probability of 99% – collagen and hyaluronic acid. These supplements can be bought at the pharmacy: separately, they are cheaper than a wrinkle cream. Here is information on what exactly the skin needs in order to stay supple and toned.
Be Best Friends collected supplements skin that take care of the skin: they protect against ultraviolet radiation, frost and wind, help to recover, improve the synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid or make up for their shortage.
What to do to avoid wrinkles
To keep the skin young as long as possible, you need:
- Strengthen the protective barrier: the weaker it is, the more skin loses moisture, becomes dry, thin and dull, burns more easily in the sun and is restored worse.
- Stimulate renewal: compensate for collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid. With age, the skin produces less of these substances, and you need to add them from the outside or stimulate the production.
- Add antioxidants: they protect against free radicals, due to which the skin ages, and from the destruction of collagen – its main “building material”.
All 3 components are needed. If you focus only on collagen, without protection, the skin will accumulate harmful substances and age. If you add only antioxidants, strengthen the protection – the skin will be protected from germs and the sun, but wrinkles will not become smaller.
Creams, serums, injections and fluids are not the guarantee of young and beautiful skin. Cosmetic brands produce masks based on hyaluronic acid, add collagen to the cream, offer injections with vitamins. In addition to the active substance, each product has a long list of other components.
Having bought a cream for 1,000–2,000 rubles, we end up with too few substances that really tone the skin. Vitamins and supplements in capsules – an alternative that will cost at least 5-10 times cheaper.
- Vitamin E (capsules). Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant. It works synergistically with vitamin C: prevents sunburn, actively resists free radicals, protects the skin from oxidative stress and aging. Application: 1 capsule of vitamin E per day. The recommended norm is 15 mg of the active substance.
- Ferulic acid gel. If ferulic acid is added to vitamins E and C, the protection of the skin from the sun will increase 4-8 times. Ferulic acid moisturizes and smoothes the skin, stimulates microcirculation, the synthesis of collagen and elastin, and resists photoaging. Scientists have found that the best use of ferulic acid is gel: in this form, it easily penetrates the skin and strengthens the protective barrier. Application: apply 2-3 times a week, avoiding the skin around the eyes. Before applying to the face, it is necessary to check the gel on the hand.
- Vitamin A (capsules). Vitamin A enhances collagen production, improves skin immunity. According to scientists, retinol protects against ultraviolet radiation no worse than sunscreen. Application: 1 capsule with 700 mcg of vitamin A per day (no more than 3,000 mcg).
Stimulate smooth skin
- Collagen. Connective protein, without which the skin can not do. With age, the amount of collagen that the body produces decreases and needs to be replenished. Scientists have found that taking collagen as an additive improves the skin condition of women in just 8 weeks: less roughness and loss of water, more – moisture and elasticity. Application: capsules with 2.5 g of collagen per day.
- Hyaluronic acid. When the amount of hyaluronic acid decreases, the skin becomes dry, dehydrated and inelastic. Japanese scientists conducted a study: they divided people into 2 groups, one of which took a placebo, and the other 120 mg of hyaluronic acid in 1 capsule per day. After 12 weeks, those taking hyaluronic became noticeably less wrinkled. Application: capsule with 120 mg of active ingredient 1 time per day.
- Kupuasu butter (a relative of cocoa from the tropics). It penetrates quickly into the skin and retains moisture better than any other oil. In kupuasu there are powerful antioxidants and fatty acids that help the skin to renew and stay youthful for a long time. The oil retains 30% more moisture than lanolin, which is used as an ingredient in Korean and Japanese cosmetics. Application: instead of a night cream or as a mask: apply for 20 minutes, blot the excess with a paper towel.
- Vitamin C. A powerful antioxidant that protects against free radicals and oxidative stress. This means that the skin is easier to recover after being sunburned, chapped or frozen. The older we are, the more difficult it is for the skin to regenerate and renew itself, and vitamin C solves this problem. Usage: capsules with 75 mg of vitamin C per day for women and 90 mg for men.
- Vitamin N (lipoic acid). Helps neutralize the effects of free radicals. It works together with other antioxidants – vitamins C and E, enhances their anti-aging effect. Relieves inflammation, helps to reconstruct collagen. Application: 1 capsule per day with 20-50 mg of lipoic acid.
- Coenzyme Q 10. Scientists have found that coenzyme significantly reduces wrinkles and microrelief lines, prevents loss of elasticity, improves skin smoothness. Does not protect the skin from the sun and does not affect hydration, but is great for the off-season. Application: 1 capsule with 30 mg of coenzyme per day.
Bonus: 4 best makeup oils instead of a wrinkle cream night cream
- Soap Argan oil. Scientists have tested how oil affects the skin of women after menopause. Its daily use improves skin elasticity in just 60 days. Oil enhances the skin’s ability to retain moisture, making it soft.
- Almond oil. Thanks to vitamins E and K, it helps the skin recover quickly and be supple. A natural barrier against ultraviolet radiation, the degree of protection is 4.6 SPF.
- Grape seed oil. One of the most sought after cosmetic companies: used as a base for creams, lotions and masks. It contains a lot of vitamins, fatty acids: palmitic – helps to produce collagen and elastin, stearic – protects from the sun, linoleic – a powerful antioxidant.
- Sesame oil. It has excellent hydrophobicity – it retains moisture in the skin well. It has 3 powerful antioxidants that protect the skin from sun exposure and slow down aging.
We are sure you have your own secrets on how to keep your skin fresh and radiant. Share it?