In the United States, every minute 20 people become victims of domestic physical abuse. Almost every 3rd woman in a past relationship felt uncomfortable and felt fear of a partner, and every 2nd is in this situation right now. At the same time, it is very difficult psychologically to breakup the toxic relationship in which one partner breaks another and remakes for himself.
We at Be Best Friends applaud the heroes of this article: they not only found the strength to quit abusers, but changed their appearance, health and life in general.
1.”After my 5-year relationship ended, I decided to slightly change the room in which we lived with the former”
2. “Not only did eyebrows become better – I became happier. I got rid of not just relationships, but also of a toxic family and toxic thinking. ”
3. “This summer was hot! I brokeup with the guy – got a promotion at work, took care of herself and spent a lot of time with loved ones ”
4. “I lost 9 kg, got rid of panic attacks, learned how to apply makeup, and now I’m trying to love myself”
5. “After 5 years of relationships at a distance and constant insults, I regained my freedom and got a tattoo to celebrate it.”
6. “2 years after the breakup, I was finally able to put selfies on the Internet without filters. I’m struggling to love myself and my body. ”
7. “On the left, I am miserable and always hungry. Photo taken 2 weeks before the breakup. To the right, too, I am lonely, but damn happy. ”
8. “The former claimed that it was my fault that the men were looking at me. I wore only closed clothes and could not eat for several days in a row. Now I struggle with it. ”
9. “When I was in a relationship, I hardly ate and accused everyone of being unhappy. Now I have reconciled with my family, I started eating and finally got a tattoo. ”
10. “I was a man who constantly thought how to harm himself. And now I have friends, I almost graduated from college and learned to smile. ”
11. “The former hated video games. I finally breakup and moved into another apartment. I am happy that I can decorate my home the way I want. “
12. “I broke the most toxic relationship in my life and now I will study for free at the coolest university in the country!”
14. “The man who“ loved me like no one else could ”constantly pressed me and made me unsure of myself. I recovered surprisingly quickly. “
15. “I am finally smiling. I bought an apartment, found a job. Feeling happy again is so wonderful! ”
15. “All I did during the relationship was stress. And after the break, I went to college and took care of myself. ”
16. “I left the guy – returned to school and radically changed my lifestyle. Bottom line: minus 15 kg and a meeting with an amazing person “
17. “In order to end the 3-year relationship, I and my cats had to flee over 2 thousand km. But now I feel happy and finally I can breathe freely ”
Have you or your friends ever been in such a relationship? How did it end?